What Happens If A Spouse Doesn’t Pay Child Support?


  • If you don’t pay your child support, your spouse can file a motion for contempt against you and the court can incarcerate you.
  • If you see that you cannot afford to pay your child support, you need to file a motion of modification immediately with the court that requires a $175 filing fee and the court can modify the child support based upon a substantial change of circumstances.
  • It can only be modified from the date you filed your modification, it cannot be retroactively modified.

Get your questions answered - call me for your free, 20 min phone consultation (203) 929-7771